Welcome to Chaplaincy at St. George’s School
St. George’s School became a Church of England Secondary School in 2002. It is one of ten Church of England Schools in the Diocese of Blackburn. It is run by the Cidari Multi Academy Trust which was set up by Blackburn Diocese’s Board of Education in 2013. St. George’s has close links with all three organisations.
In its 2016 report ‘Deeply Christian, Serving the Common Good’, the Church of England’s Office for Education talked about its desire to see “human flourishing for all” in its Schools. This is a vision St. George’s shares. Taking as its starting point Jesus’ desire to bring “life in all its fullness” (John 10:10), St. George’s seeks to educate the whole child. This means that as well as receiving an excellent standard of academic education and outstanding pastoral care, we encourage students to grow and develop the spiritual, intellectual, moral, social and emotional, elements to their characters as well.
Consequently, during their time with us, our students are expected to try to live by a set of Christian values (or ‘gifts’) which make up our School ethos; to play their part in daily acts of worship as well as Year group and College worship; to join in with Spirituality Days and Charity appeals; and actively engage in our SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural) programme of study. We believe that by so doing, our students will leave us as more rounded human-beings, ready to take their place in the world.
For more information about these and other subjects, please take the time to browse the links below and get to know us better. Hopefully these pages will provide you with all the information you’re looking for; if they don’t, please feel free to get in touch with me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet our Chaplain: (click link to ‘Meet our Chaplain’ here)
- Find out more about ‘Spirituality’ ( click link here )
Get information on Collective Worship at St. George’s School and the answers to frequently asked questions:
- Collective Worship in School (click link here)
- Collective Worship Policy 2015-2020 ( click link here )
- Worship Themes for 2017-2018 ( click link here )
- Prayers for the current term ( click link here )
- CET membership ( click link here )
- Read about School’s Christian Union ( click link here )
See what the School’s Christian Ethos looks like in practice
- What are the 15 Christian gifts? (click link here )
- What are Spirituality Days? ( click link here )
- Learn about the charities students have been supporting ( click link here )
- Discover how the Chaplain can help you and your child in times of difficulty ( click link ‘Chaplaincy & Pastoral Care’ here )
Locate some useful websites