Photography GCSE 2011-2013
The Breakdown of AssessmentUnit 1 is an assessment of coursework that is completed over the two years of the course and is worth 60%.
Unit 2 is a practical exam. Students receive the exam question in the spring term of year 11 and have five week to prepare for their final ten hours of photographic work under exam conditions. This is worth 40%.
Which Tier will your Child be Taking?
- The course provides a wide range of creative, exciting and stimulating opportunities to explore their interests in photography
- Combines artistic creativity with the latest digital technology
- Develop digital media skills
- Learn how to use industry standard software
- Take lots and lots of photographs
- Always carry a camera
- Try to look at things from different angles.
- Don’t be afraid to try things out (just to see what happens)
- Record everything, even the ideas that go wrong.