Our vision at St. George’s School is to provide academic excellence within a caring, Christian community. Our faith nurtures a deep commitment to our town and its young people and the desire to see both succeed and flourish. A proven track record and strong relationships with our stakeholders encourages tremendous support and participation, especially from parents.
We see our purpose as inspiring and equipping our pupils with an education that provides the skills and qualifications they need to succeed in life and become responsible local and global citizens. We help our pupils develop a clear sense of where they are now, where they hope to be in the future and the journey they need to take to get there.
Spiritual, moral, cultural and social development underpins academic development at St. George’s and can be summed up as “Believe, Achieve, Care”.
As a Church of England school within the Blackburn Diocese and a member of the Cidari family, we encourage an understanding of the meaning, value, purpose and significance of faith, by worshipping daily and promoting Christian values in our life and practices.
We believe in the limitless potential God has given to us all to achieve excellence regardless of our backgrounds. By offering our pupils a rich curriculum and excellent teaching, we seek to inspire them by opening up new horizons. We seek to create life-chances by challenging and encouraging our pupils to aim high in whatever fields they choose to pursue and setting ambitious targets for themselves.
The St. George’s family believes a harmonious and inclusive community, built on the values of respect, honesty and kindness, acts as a civilising influence for all. We aim for a safe, healthy and happy school, where people of all faiths, and no faith at all, are welcomed and valued; a school that pupils love and in which they openly speak about feeling loved.
Jesus said, “I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly”. John 10:10
Our pillars of improvement, supporting by our vision ensure;
- We get the best from everyone
- Through leadership in every role…..leading to
- Continual improvement…….this means for pupils at St George’s we have a
- Strong focus on knowledge, understanding and application….supported by a holistic education which provides;
- An education with character
During their time with us, we aim to instil in our pupils six key character traits that will stand them in good stead for the rest of their lives:
- Determination – a commitment to hard work and the highest possible standards
- Consideration – respect for the views, values and cultures of others
- Confidence – a growing sense of self and belief in one’s abilities
- Resilience – a willingness to learn from mistakes and maintain a positive outlook
- Independence – taking responsibility for oneself and one’s learning
- Stewardship – accepting a duty towards the world and everything in it.